2 cups of water for boiling
Cooking oil for frying
1 or 2 kilos of pork, preferably the belly or bacon cut
1. Prepare your pork, preferably the belly or bacon cut, about 1 or 2 kilos.
2. Use a deep pot or pan to boil your pork meat. Put a pinch of salt, bay leaf and pepper in the boiling water to season.
3. Cook or boil the pork for 45 minutes ideally until the pork is fork-soft but not falling apart.
4. Remove from the pot, set aside the meat and air-dry for about an hour.
5. Prepare your deep pan for frying. Heat the oil until just before it starts to smoke. 6. Gently place the air-dried pork into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on the outside. To achieve a crispier skin, sprinkle with cold water every 10 minutes. Please be careful of oil spatters.
7. Once the pork has achieved a nice crunchy exterior and skin, remove from the hot oil and place on a platter lined with a paper towel.8. Once the meat has cooled a bit (15 minutes or so) slice and serve.
9. Garnish with sliced onions and tomatoes or parsley.
10. You can serve this with a vinegar, garlic, and salt sauce. sweet and sour sauce, hoisin sauce, or the commercially available lechon or liver sauce.