Filipino Shrimp/Prawn Fritters
- 6 cups Mungbean Sprouts, washed
- 2 cup Shrimp/Prawns, shelled
- 1 cup Green Onion, sliced
- 1 cup Carrots, julienned
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 2/3 cup Cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cups shrimp/prawn juice (pounded shrimp shell in water and strained)
- 4 tablespoons achuete seeds steeped in 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cooking oil for pan frying
1. Mix all the ingredients together except the cooking oil.
2. Heat up a some oil in a pan.
3. Using a 1/2 measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the hot pan, and flatten with a spatula.
4. Pan fry for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
5. Depending on the size of the pan, you could cook from 2 to 3 at a time.
6. Serve with a vinegar dipping sauce on the side.